Pages

Thursday 17 October 2013

The journey to a healing

Surprisingly, the days i spent in Lilongwe turned to be good days regardless crazy windy and cloudy days. Alone, i walked in the poor streets of the old town in Lilongwe where most of people avoid to walk into. Even the program office suggested not to walk in those streets due to lots of crimes happened there. I tried to look people in their eyes. I fought my fear and try to trust those who also walk there. But honestly i never let myself off guarded. I am tired of walking in the safe side and avoiding having contact with the locals just because the fear of getting hurt. I took minibus here and there regardless my sickness of minibus for changing my life. Somehow, i have to ever come those feelings.

The journey of healing my soul is continuing. I took 13 hours bus crossing the country into Zambia. I tried not to feel anything when the bus moved so slow, stopping everywhere to take passengers, bad body odor from other passangers, super friendly immigration officer who spread his charm as if he is the most handsome man in the world that he can pick any girl that he wants, moody ugly and not pleasant girl who sit next to me. I dont listen to the complains from other white passengers on how difficult travelling in africa is. i was so cool with my ipod and myself. i cant stop smiling everytime i remember how easy the trip was regardless the long hours and tiresome journey.

Spending some days in Lusaka, meeting old friend and catch up on whats going on in our life, wandering around Livingstone, following all track on Vicatoria Falls park, Riding horse and encountering Zebras and Girraffe was really special. Slowly i gather myself back and start to like again the fact of being in Africa. 5 more months, i assume i can handle it well now.

Despite the heat that strike Karonga from this month onward, i am glad that i am back. I rearranged the house to feel more hommy, put some beautiful paintings on the wall, burnt some incenses and work on my garden. The special things is to meet my Karonga crew, they can always put smile on my face everytime we make fool to each other and talk about all different things.

They also make my birthday special. Shannon was attacking my desk with many beautiful birthday cards. at the chair, on the table, in the drawers, under the laptop. Literally, every time i went out and abandon my desk, she invaded it with cards. i am so blessed. And the boys were so excited for me. i couldn't ask for more celebration, having a special days with beautiful smiles from my friends and having dinner at the beach is more than i expected during this placement. I am thankful to life.




No comments:

Post a Comment