Pages

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Wider Role of Volunteer and the Phillipines

Ok, it still relates to pre-departure preparation. Since VSO Bahaginan in Manila is the recruitment based for Asia, i have to attend the WRV training in Philippine. I would say it was a sleepless days. My flight is at 1 am and only will arrive at 5 am (Bali doesnt have time difference with Manila). at 10 am the same day, i have to be at the hospital to undergo my medical clearance and some shoots of vaccines. The WRV coordinator instructed to wait for couple of hours (read 3 hours) at the airport, but i am just so lucky having some good friends in Manila. They dont want me to feel homeless by waiting at the airport that they woke up early, pick me up, bring me to their favorite Starbucks coffee shop and having breakfast. The are so concern that i will be confuse explaining my direction to the taxi driver that they take me to the hospital, wait for me and finally deliver me to VSO Bahaginan Office. They really make my life easy in Manila.

That`s about it. The venue of the training itself is quite far from the city. we have to drive for 2 hours to reach Silang, Cavite City where International Institute of Rural Reconstruction is located. Apparently, VSO Bahaginan always conduct the training in this place. They have all facility for long term training though. IIRR have several hostels, training halls, dining halls, and  BEAUTIFUL greenes all around which make it perfect for me. the contents of the training is exactly what we need as a volunteer, although i would say the time is too short as we have to compress many information into one. I studied globalization and development in one year, but here we have to tackles issues of globalization and development in 3 days. My favorite module are how to deals with conflict and corruption. The actual case from the field that the trainers presented make this module more helpful.

Anyways, the preparation is on going. I hope VSO Malawi can issue visa easily as the departure date is only a step ahead. I can`t wait to actually sit in the plane and start my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment